Thursday, January 22, 2009

tools for the future


With the very knowledgable and helpful, Robin Howell, I was able to figure out the tech tasks. I was able to get my igoogle page set up and she also showed me how to make a spreadsheet. So, thankyou very much Robin, it is greatly appreciated.
After looking through Google For Education I realized there were many great tools and aspects to the site. First of all, you know that I am not a huge fan of technology but the Google Book Search is a way to combine technology and the old fashioned way of doing things. I think Blogger is a great to gain perspectives of other teachers, which I previously stated that I value. The classroom activties are great for new ideas too. I like Google maps and earth as well. I love learning about new cultures and I think I will be able to acquire insight into some new heritages, maybe thinking of new projects or art ideas to do with my students.
There are many great tools for education on Google For Education. I am positve I will be using it in the future.
Here's my survey:http://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?key=pBE2LZfrfFYN1Lbq-2KjoJg
A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw, the less he spoke;
The less he spoke, the more he heard.
Why can't we be like that old bird?
-Edward Hersey Richards

No comments:

Post a Comment