Monday, March 16, 2009

Educational How-To Podcasts

For my second and educational podcast, I chose "One- Minute How-Tos". I thought this was perfect for my final project and others as well and there were many helpful how-to videos. for example, How-to make a website, How-to get noticed on Flickr, if these apply to you, I really suggest that you download them because they are quick audios packed with information. The one I chose was "How-to Perform before an audience". For my Aesthetics Education class I have to perform a song I wrote and play the harmonica. Now, I have expressed in the passed that I have a little bit of stage fright, and I thought this would be very valuable to me. Some of the tips were given by a man named Ken. He is from Dallas Texas and performs something he called "bad attitude comedy" he said he has had encoutners of messing up on stage therefore he thought he was qualified gave these tips:
-assess audience, how old are they, adopt an attidue to fit with their attitudes
-embrace your fear, when you do this at least you know your alive
-practice your material till your sick of it
-persevereve till your done, even if you mess up like forgetting a lyric, it is okay. The point is if you dont try at all then it truly will be a failed attempt
accept the fact that you are terrified and do it anyway
-give self freedom to be horrible because if you do forget that lyric you will have experienced that moment of blankness and know how to cope with it for next time. You will always learn something new
-set up and survey the performance space before hand, then when you go back you feel more comfortable.
This short educational video helped me for a number of reasons. It showed me that everyone gets frightened on stage, at least once in their life. But if you hang in their, people will respect the fact that you had the courage to perform in front of them. It was also helpful because it gave me confidence to know that I already know my audience as they are my peers. I am guessing they will be supportive of me, whether they like my music or not.
These one minute How-To's are great, in addition to this specific video, as a how-to video in general, it will help me create my final project. These videos didnt supply or rather, fill their video with useless information. They were straight forward and too the point and this kept my interest. I think keeping it short and directly share my information.

1 comment:

  1. Cool podcast Marcy! I just subscribed to it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete