Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm Goin' Again.

I had been looking at a variety of different sites to do my second story with. One of them was Bubbleshare, and I thought that I would give it a shot. So I joined up. Bubble Share was a little bit easier than Voicethread, but that being said it isnt as interesting. I simply typed in the story rather than speaking it, which can be a plus or a minus, depending on how you look at it. I liked the voice bubbles in Bubbleshare, and also you can add little icons into your slides which I thought was neat. I do not know if this is as entertaining as my other one, but, Bubbleshare didn't stress me out as much as Voicethread. I again, couldn't find where to add music. But one of my videos applys to a visual learner, and the other applys to an audio learner, therefore I am happy with both of them. Embeding both stories was made very simply by both sites even though they were a little different. With Voicethread, it was put right into my blog, where as with BubbleShare, I had to copy and paste the HTML. A plus with Bubbleshare was that I had the option of choosing what size I wanted my story to be displayed in. They both have their pros and cons, much like everything else!
BubbleShare: Share photos - Easy Photo Sharing

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcey!
    I just realized that I have not commented on your blog yet this semester - well I am going to start now! I think it's really cool that you did your project with two different tools and then compared what you liked better. I had never heard of voice thread before and definitely can see it as a great tool with working on student collaboration on story writing. In my internship I used bubble share on my class' blog: www.misshengengrade5zone.wordpress.com. I gave the students a login number and then we created different bubble shares when we would thank a guest presenter, helpers, etc. It worked very well!
    Anyways, check out my blog at www.dhengen87.blogspot.com.
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete