Thursday, March 5, 2009

Mentorship



Hello Everyone, right now I am going to do a Mentorship update. I believe that the students are coming to an end with their essays. They are all very well done. There was a lot of revision stages, which I have learned is very important, in University, and simply in everything. Here's a look at how we have been communicating for the past 4-5 weeks. I really enjoyed going through Google Docs, it was a little hard, seeing as I didn't know much about the students, but I thought the process we used to communicate the essays, was easy and effective. I would like to use this method with my students, if I ever have the opportunity. I am still waiting for one more essay today, I think. They all may completed now, and the one that I am waiting for may have thought that they do not need to do any more revision. As you can see, this is a flaw with using Google Docs, and not knowing the students very well. Nonetheless, I have enjoyed reading their essays and offering my help.


A hug is a perfect gift- one size fits all, and
nobody minds if you exchange it.
-Ivern Ball

3 comments:

  1. Dear Marcy. Google Docs is really great when it comes to sharing and editing documents i.e. essays. If you need a mentorship tool to run the mentorship process, I will recommend http://www.mentory.com that lets you and your students gather around a goal and communicate in the mentorship process.

    I am the founder of Mentory which is a free global mentorship community, that facilitates the mentorship process.

    Feel free to use my service, and I would love to hear your feedback if you choose to use Mentory. I am always looking for interesting cases as well, that other mentors can benefit from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Marcy! I'm glad that I get to read about someone's mentorship that is more than just blogging. I can't wait to hear more,
    -Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are doing great with your kids. Very cute picture too by the way! (Makes me miss my mom)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete