Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mentorship

I have recieved an email from Maura Moritz and her students. I will be working with ten students mentoring them with their essay regarding Chris Crutcher's short story about "Angus Bethune".He is an author and this is the link to the preview the book they are reading. It touches on alot of sensitive subjects such as weight and sexuality. http://www.amazon.com/Athletic-Shorts-Six-Short-Stories/dp/0060507837 .I am excited to begin working with them, and have begun researching the story. This is their agenda for their term. They do some really neat things for example, one day they got to bring their mp3 players to schoo I know I never got to do that in highschool. But it just adds to my undersntading that schools are changing, and technology is really big part of that change. http://arapahoe.littletonpublicschools.net/TEACHERPAGES/MrsMoritz/ElementsofCompositionI/tabid/1913/Default.aspx
Anyhow, hopefully I will be a helpful tool in their classroom! I have not heard from my other mentor yet, but maybe soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment