Tuesday, February 3, 2009

winterwonderland


Even though Sasktoon brought on the cold the feeling of warmth was in the air.

Sasktoon held an event called Winter Fest that had ice scultpures, entertainment, and lantern making. My love and I made our lanterns and then proceeded to walk around river landing. Making the lanterns was easy and fun. It was something I would like to do in the classroom. We got to learn about the Chinese new year which is another reason it would be good to do with students. They would learn about new cultures which is also something I value. As we walked the moon brightly shone off the river while the glistening snow reflected the warm red glow from our lanterns. It was lovely. In this photo some lady insisted on taking our picture in this ice chair. She was nice though, and I am glad she did.


Therefore, love moderately;long love doth so;
Too swift arrives as tardy as too slow.
- William Shakespear

2 comments: