Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Smart Board Presentation

The Smart Board is s-m-a-r-t! This method of teaching may not fully apply to a visual arts class, but I am sure that it would come in handy. There are a few aspects to the smart board I really enjoy such as; the classroom can project video output, students can interact with digital content, annotate thinking, sharing files with parents is a great way for parents to be involved in their child's life, instruction can be easier, being able to share information and it can apply to the multiple intelligences. In a visual art classroom I would be able to show the students art from around the world. It could be by students or artists from the Romantic period, you name it and it is an accessible teaching tool. I really like the fact the information can be posted to a website after for further studying. Video conferencing outside of school is neat to. This could be very useful for students who find it difficult to concentrate in class they can go back and find information on their own time or go over what was taught that day or even contact the teacher for more explanation. I remember when I was a kid and even now, when I fall behind in a class I get very stressed out, I would have longed to access my teacher because my worries are always heightened in the evening, when it feels like time is running out. I would appreciate questions to be clarified. Visual Arts will be very much hands on but the smart board is too. I can really appreciate the art world that can be exposed to my students and hope that I will get the chance to try it out someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment